Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We are having trouble replacing the main lift cable on our

Customer Question

We are having trouble replacing the main lift cable on our pop up. A diagram of where the cable runs would be helpful.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Let me see what I can find for you............

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Go to the link below and see what they have............lots of information and owner blogs and free to sign up. http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=68

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already searched pop up portal. They speak of doing it, but no one has any details.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

This will have a Goshen lift system...........go to the following link for that information. http://www.goshenstamping.com/lift.php

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

There are a lot of popup repair videos on U-tube that can be helpful here.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already done this as well. We ordered the replacement cable from Goshen. The directions are not very clear. And the diagrams are tiny and not as detailed as what we need.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

I don't have any others that are more detailed, so I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if they can. Not many of us like to work on these.......so be patient. You might have to call in a mobile tech who has experience with these to assist you.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't appear that any of our other techs here had anything additional to offer here. These popup cable issues can be a tough one! Hope you found someone to give you a hand...........