Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Cougar 276 RLS 5th wheel. I have never been able to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and I have a Cougar 276 RLS 5th wheel. I have never been able to get propane to flow from the far tank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The close tank works fine and both tanks work in that position but not from the far side of the regulator
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is usually a problem with the intermediate regulator which is usually bright red near the far tank. If that goes bad, it may not allow any LP to pass over to the other side. It can be the hose or even the LP tank if the valve is bad. Change them out to test that theory. A new hose is about $16 or so and that is easier than trying to test one. If neither one of those things fix the problem, then the regulator is defective. That is a 10 PSI regulator. Most places sell them. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did that resolve this issue for you? IF not, please get back to me and we can dig deeper on this.