peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

The roofof my Starcraft tent trailernot close completely

Customer Question

The roofof my Starcraft tent trailernot close completely when I try to retract it. All of the cables are seated in their pullys-it seems that the winch handle"free- wheels" when the roof is 3 inches from being completely down- any ideas?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Starcraft Spacestar tent trailer is a 1998 model
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have the gears inspected on the handle and the components leading from the handle to the roof itself.In some cases this can be an issue with debris in the mechanical components that move or collapse the roof that will cause this needing removed or issues with a stripped gear needing replaced.If this was already done or you are unable to do this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.