RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Chevy chassis, 454 engine, back on the frame rail on the

Customer Question
passenger side right by the...
Chevy chassis, 454 engine, back on the frame rail on the passenger side right by the gas tank, (same side the generator is on) there is a valve that is bolted onto the frame rail and is attached to a fuel line coming from the gas tank. I dont know where it goes to because I cant see all of it. The frame and the gas tank are partially blocking the view of it. There is a cutout in the frame that the head of this valve is sticking through and it is attached to a bracket bolted onto the frame. It wont pull through the hole because the fuel line is too short to let it come all the way out. this valve has fuel shooting out the head of it only when the engine is running. What is this valve, where do I get it? 1987 Itasca motorhome.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
9/30/2015
RV Mechanic: spankyjr1, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Could you please upload a couple photos of this valve so we make sure we are talking about same thing?

There are a couple different valves and I want to be sure to get you the correct info.

To download a photo there should be a add image button or paper clip on your question page,,once I have this info I can assist with this here. Please hold rating until we figure this out.

OK spanky, thank you for getting back to me on this issue. I will do the best I can on the pic. I will send it to you asap

I will be in/out throughout the day so no hurry,,I'm usually around during daytime hours! FYI

Talk soon spanky

yesterday, I sent you pics of the part in question that you wanted and you were supposed to get back to me and you never did. I got charged the 28.00 and still dont know any more than I did to start with. I think this mechanic thing is a scam, and I am going to call my banks and and credit card company and turn in a dispute and do everything I can to discredit you people, what a crock of crap this scam is.

First this is not a scam, I did not receive any photos yet that is why I have not replied!

I'm only online during daytime hours, no one can be online 24 hours a day.

Now where did you send the pictures?

When pictures are added they get added to this thread/reply box and I don't see them.

I will keep assisting you until we get this figured out you have my word!

I'm still waiting for pictures if you still need assistance?

Let me knows

spankyjr1
spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic