Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I HAVE A GREY WATER TANK LEAK ON A 35 FOOT 1995 SOUTHWIND.

Customer Question

I HAVE A GREY WATER TANK LEAK ON A 35 FOOT 1995 SOUTHWIND. MY RV DEALER IN ESCANABA MI TELLS ME TO LIVE WITH IT. WATER DRIPS OFF VERTICAL DRAIN ON BOTTOM OF TANK WHEN TANK IS AROUND 1/4TH FULL AND GETS WORSE AS ADDITIONAL WATER IS ADDED. MY MECHANIC SAYS ITS COMMING FROM THE TOP SOMEWHERE. ANY SUGESTIONS HOW OR WHO GOOD REPAIR IT.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

I don't know who would be best to repair it for you. I would try to find out exactly where it is leaking first. From what you told me, it doesn't sound like it is from on top. You may have to remove a compartment wall first to see better and I would get ahold of Fleetwood Customer Service and get the complete set of plumbing diagrams for this coach first. They will need your FIN number. Fleetwood is part of the Allied group now. If you need that information I can get it for you shortly. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Were you able to get the plumbing diagrams from Fleetwood? Those will show you how to access this area.