Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How I remove the steps on my 2000 holiday rambler endeavour?

Customer Question

How I remove the steps on my 2000 holiday rambler endeavour? I was replacing the linkage with kwk kee part and upon replacing the assembly some of the carriage bolts went up inside. Trying to remove the step mounting bols reveieled the 3/8 bolts also spin. Is their an opening at the bottom of the stairs? I removed the trim and rubber mat and don't want to remove the plywood stapled there if there is no access hole,help please!
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

On some of these, the carriage bolts are covered up by plywood and not just the rubber mat or carpet. Be sure that the bolts are going to be underneath that area.............and all the ones I have ever done are. You may ruin that getting it out and need to cut a new piece to put in AFTER you get the new part installed. MOST of the time, you don't have to remove the steps to get a new motor or linkage in. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. And please attach a photo of the area you are talking about so I can see it. I am also including the phone chat offer if you think that might be useful here.