RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Our 2012 coachmen freelander air conditioner is not cooling

Customer Question
as it should. The rv...
Our 2012 coachmen freelander air conditioner is not cooling as it should. The rv has been sitting in the backyard all summer with the air conditioner running. A few weeks ago, I turned the thermostat up to 78 to try to reduce the use. We brought the rv to the lake yesterday and I turned the thermostat down and it is not cooling as it should- usually it is like a freezer in here. It is still blowing cool air, but not as cool as usual.
Also, we are rv idiots- air filter was filthy, and we have never had the air conditioner worked on. Another thing, usually there is condensation water that runs off of the awning, and there is not nearly as much of that.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
9/5/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician

Hi, the first thing that needs to happen is that the evaporator coil needs to be blown and cleaned. the best way to do this effectively is from the roof. take the cover off the top, and unscrew the front metal plate that covers the evaporator, then blow and clean it off...........this is where the 'heat exchange' takes place, and will not be effective if it is covered with dust ect.. please get back to me , and we can discuss this further thanks Michael

Michael Reush
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician