Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Fleetwood motor home with a Ford V10 - I have dash

Customer Question

I have a Fleetwood motor home with a Ford V10 - I have dash lights the red brake lite and white light
with a arrow within it that flash from time to time - as the lights flash there is no difference in the brake pedal - vehicle stops fine. almost acts like a short
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes you can go for 100 miles plus before the flashing starts sometimes starts right away then go out for balance of trip
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

To start I would check all your chassis battery connections and make sure no cables are loose, the reason being is the electronics such as the ABS are very sensitive to low voltage, so if the voltage was going down for a split second it could trigger dash alarms. IF it started to come on more and more then I would be checking the alternator output, sometimes it can be a sign if the charging system is getting ready to have problems. So make sure all your cables are clean and tight. I would also have a shop try and pull codes to see if anything is active, many times the light will store a code and with the proper code reader you can see if there are any active faults. Many times having codes pulled will save time and money and take the guess work out of what might be occurring... Hope this helps some.... Robert