Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Dometic RV refrigerator RM2301 and it doesn't get

Customer Question

i have a Dometic RV refrigerator RM2301 and it doesn't get cold.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This is an older unit and if it is not cooling on BOTH LP and AC it could be an issue with the thermostat or cooling unit, A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. For a rupture you might smell ammonia, hear a gurgle when you turn it on OR see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge. For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both sources. What you can do is hot wire the AC heating element, this can be done with an old lamp or extension cord, when you do this the heating element should get very hot and will bypass the controls and the box should get cold, if it does not get cold bad cooling unit and with the age of the fridge I would replace it.... hope this helps some.... Robert