peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Why Does the fuel pump on a 500 Polaris Ranger (2002 yr)

Customer Question

Why Does the fuel pump on a 500 Polaris Ranger (2002 yr) stay in an overheated state when the ranger is running? Old Fuel pump did it and now a new fuel pump is doing it.
Help, we don't think this should be normal, but we don't know!?!?!
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

If the pump is working hard causing an over heat issue this can be caused by damaged fuel lines to or after the pump or in some cases due to an issue with a restriction with a fuel filter causing this fault here needing replaced.I would have the fuel lines and fuel filter checked to see if the fault can be pinpointed and from there repaired to correct this fault.If this is not the cause here for this issue let me know.

Thanks Pete