Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

2007 touring cruiser 5271 slider came in most of the way

Customer Question

2007 b touring cruiser 5271 slider came in most of the way then stopped. motor is spinning but slide not sliding. remedy?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

That is a sign that the roll pin on the gear has sheared off and it is spinning on the shaft............OR depending on the make of your slide hardware, the gear box gears have shed some teeth. In any event this is not something you can repair yourself and I would contact a mobile tech to come out and assist you. You should be able to push the room out manually so you can use it and also back in.........but, it would need to be secured with some slide locks so it won't come out on your way home. Available at most RV stores. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.