RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My steps will not move or make any noise at all

Customer Question
my steps will not move or make any noise at all
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
8/26/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?

Thanks, Robert

2000 rexall vision 29foot

OK

First I would look for a blown fuse or tripped breaker, look for a battery control box outside with some fuses in it, this box also might contain some breakers and solenoids. IF it is not marked get a 12 volt test light and probe each fuse for power. I would also double check the fuse box inside and look near the battery for an inline fuse, it would be on a smaller gauge wire....

Next what you can do is go directly to the motor and try to jump 12 volts direct and see if the step moves, if the step does not move bad motor. IF the step moves check to see if you have voltage on the control box for the step. IF you have voltage going into the controller and the step worked by jumping it bad controller. Also many times when you open the door you will hear the control box click, that would indicate it is getting power.

Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert