Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have used tankless water heater last 20 years in my

Customer Question

I have used tankless water heater for the last 20 years in my home.Three months ago I installed a Atwood tankless water heater IN my 2013 allegro red. I have used it twice the first time it was wonderful the second time it only runs hot water for about a minute and a half then it runs cold, I have tried running hot water in the sink as the same time, no help, can you give me any idea what's wrong with this hot water heater the only thing different between this use and the last time is the campground I'm staying at. water Pressure at this campground seems adequate
Frank
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I wish I had something positive to say about these.........but, most of the time they are so finicky, that people end up getting rid of them. The pressure has to be exactly right and the LP pressure has to be spot on. The LP is easier to control than the water pressure, unless you use a regulator and can adjust it. IT may have an issue with the thermostat and that would be under warranty. Get the other items checked first and then move to the actual controls. Send me the actual model number if you respond, so I know exactly what you have. The LP pressure at the tank regulator should be checked and adjusted at least once a year and is very often neglected by owners or they have never been told this. All follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to one that I have found works well with few problems.............

http://www.precisiontemp.com/rv-500-tankless-water-heater/