Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I just bought a 1999 Coachman Mirada. The roof a/c does not

Customer Question

I just bought a 1999 Coachman Mirada. The roof a/c does not seem to run when you use the generator but runs fine when shore power is used. The unit has the Oman 4000 generator. Is there a way to get the roof a/c to run when the generator is being used only. The motorhome didn't have any manuals with it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I think this model may not have an automatic transfer switch and you have to plug the shore cord into the outlet in that compartment in order to have power inside the coach. IF NOT, then be sure that both breakers (if that set has two) are not tripped. Otherwise, there isn't any good reason for it running on shore power and not on genset. Be sure that the genset is putting out the correct AC voltage. Use a small digital multimeter for that. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.