Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

How to test the holding tank sensors in a 2012 Winnebago

Customer Question

How to test the holding tank sensors in a 2012 Winnebago View 24J?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.

Hi what you will do is go to each tank, at each tank you will see wires that are attached to sensors in the tank. and a ground wire in a sensor...............each of the probes passes a ground signal to it from the ground probe which thru the liquid completes a circuit, turning on a lite, full 1/2 ect................I would clip the wires or disconnect from the tank, and touch each wire individually to the ground wire, and it will lite up the appropriate light on the monitor panel, please get back to me for clarification if necessary thanks...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The sensors are flush mounted. No holes drilled into tank.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Seems to be 3 - 2 wire sensors in series

thank you for responding.........and thanks for the photo, as I am not familiar with that system (they never send me a memo) with that I will put your question back up so another expert can assist you..thanks for your patience...........Michael

as this is very interesting, I located a document for you