Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

After using an LP onan RV generator hrs. I shut down the

Customer Question

After using an LP onan RV generator for 3 hrs. I shut down the generator when power returned and soon thereafter (about 15 min.) I stsrted smelling LP gas. I opened the generator LP door to find the line and line connection frozen. I shut the tank value to shut off pressure to generator. The smell stopped. Today I opened the valve and tried the generator, It would not start and the line started to freeze again. Possible regulator problem in generator? Bad tank? help please. I live in Show Low, AZ so is there a service center nearby?
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
If the line itself was frozen, you have a leak at that point. It may be a loose or cracked fitting.
To find the nearest authorized service center to you, go to this link:
http://power.cummins.com/sales-service-locator
Which ever one you decide to go with, make sure it does not say that it is a Parts Only location - it must be a service center.
.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 years ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?
.