RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2014 forest river FR3 30DS When I got it out of…

I have a 2014 forest...
I have a 2014 forest river FR3 30DS
When I got it out of winter storage, im now unable to get the generator to power the roof A/C and interior outlets as it has been able to do in the past.
Everything works when plugged into 30amp, but nothing works when the generator is turned on. I've reset the GFCI outlet, checked all breakers and fuses but cannot find anything wrong.
The generator works fine with less than 70 hours on it. The 30amp cord is plugged back into the battery charger and the battery control connect toggle is on.
We're traveling across country now and have no power unless we stop at a campground to hook up to 30amp service...it's been dreadful and we cannot find anyone to look at it as everyone is booked out 2 weeks for repairs.
What might I be missing?
Please help!
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/16/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 7 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician

First thing to do is check the breakers to make sure they are on at the generator, they are located on the contol box where the on/off switch is..........ck that first then we will move forward, thanks

Omg. You are a godsend. lol that worked. Forest river couldn't even tell me that after 3 calls to them. The switch is not mentioned anywhere in their manual. Thank you, ***** ***** thank you!

Excellent !!! enjoy your coach, and your family.........Michael... please be sure to rate me so I receive credit for our work together,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks

Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician