Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Front driverside brake is to tight how do i loosen

Customer Question

front driverside brake is to tight how do i loosen
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i back it off some
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is on a 2005 coachman sport coach elite 2005 40ft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need this today
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Since it was initially in the RV category, it prevented other automotive experts from answering it.
There is no way to loosen disc brakes in the way you are thinking. If the brake is too tight, that means that either the caliper is sticking and needs to be replaced or the brake hose has collapsed internally.
Open the bleeder screw at the caliper and let it bleed for a few seconds, then tighten it. See if the tire rotates freely now. If it does, then the hose has collapsed and you need to replace it. If not, caliper piston has seized and you need to replace the caliper
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks