Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Our Norcold is giving us a temp error A(flashing). In the

Customer Question

Our Norcold is giving us a temp error A(flashing). In the past, we have been able to solve the problem using an alligator clip jump wire, but this doesn't seem to work today. However, we are unsure which pin hole to put the wire into. Any help is appreciated
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Are you getting a repeating code on the controls? I understand about doing the reset but was wondering if you were getting a code.
Also can you look on the back of the fridge under the outside access panel and tell me if you see a small black box with a single led on it, if so is that RED light on?
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am getting a repeating temperature code on the controls. The manual says this code must be addressed by a repair tech, but we have reset it in the past using the jump wire. I just don't know which empty pin slot to use. The unit is down the road a bit so I can't look for the small black box at the moment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are leaving for a long trip on Monday, not towing a vehicle, so it would be most difficult to drop the rv off at a repair shop.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

OK

Few thins here, first of go to the outside access panel and look for that sensor, it will have a led on it. The reason I keep bringing this up is because if that led is on it will lock out the fridge. Inside that box is a reed switch, many times a magnet will reset it, bring a heavy magnet just in-case, if the LED is ON run the magnet right on top of the light, go slowly around the box.

I am familiar with the resets and it will depend on the style board you have, click HERE and HERE print them out and take them with you.

Make sure you also have good DC voltage going into the circuit board as well, the fridge needs good DC power to turn on. IF the code keeps coming back have a RV shop look at this.... Robert

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select rating, it is the only way I get credit... Robert