Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Dutchmen 31BHDS that both my slides are open but

Customer Question

I have a Dutchmen 31BHDS that both my slides are open but will not retract. Where is the fuse for these
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Many times the slide room will be wired directly to the battery, make sure the voltage is good at the battery. Follow the cables and make sure you do not have a blown fuse or tripped breaker. Below is a picture, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. Most have a small tab that pops out when they trip. The voltage to chassis ground should be the same or close on each post. You also might have more then one, sometimes the landing gear or power converter will have one. The only other place to check is the main fuse panel inside. IF you still need more help please let me know.... Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That wasn't the issue. I feel like there is a fuse that I just can't find that is causing the issue
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
OK
Sometimes you might find a relay board between the switch and motor but it would be hard for me to say where that would be located. I am going to put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert will have some more input on this, I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily... Robert
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Do you know the make of your slide hardware? Any name on the switch? And do you have a 12 VDC test light for some easy testing? Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further.