RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

The electric outlet in the kitchen of our Rv wont work, what

Customer Question
to do? the breakers are...
the electric outlet in the kitchen of our Rv wont work, what to do? the breakers are not tripped
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
8/12/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert..
Sounds like you have a tripped GFI IF all the other AC power is working. The GFI will have a test and reset on certain outlets. Normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be anywhere else including the outside, so I would take a real close look to make sure you do not have one that is tripped. After that you would have to verify voltage out of the breaker and then start checking each outlet starting at the one that is closest to the breaker panel working away from the panel, make sure all the connections are tight, when you check shut the breaker off.... IF you need more help please let me know.... Robert
what is a GFI
That would be a Ground Fault Indicator, just like what you would see in a house bathroom, the outlet will have a test and reset button on it. They normally are in the galley or bathroom but I have seen them just about anywhere including the outside, normally where a water source can be present.... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic