Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2003 Keystone Outback 26RS. It keeps tripping the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Keystone Outback 26RS. It keeps tripping the 15 amp 12v/Gen circuit breaker. There is nothing plugged in the the outlets of the TT, and only does it when hooked up to shore power. Thanks Jay
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

That breaker has nothing to do with the 12 VDC side, UNLESS it has the converter on that branch. More than likely, it is either the water heater element that is shorted out (unless it has a separate circuit and breaker) or the fridge heating element is burned out and shorted out. OR it can be a short in a radio or stereo.........something like that. What DOESN'T work when you turn that breaker off? And that is a 120 VAC breaker so it only trips out on shore power. Get back to me about what may be on this breaker that doesn't work with it off and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Randall,
3 electrical outlets would not work. I found a black wire located in the middle outlet of the 3 outlets that was not secure. Pressed it back into place, and now all 3 outlets work and the breaker is not tripping. Hopefully it is fixed.
Thanks Jay
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

That could do it for sure..........those outlets are pretty cheaply made and I replace them with conventional ones from the hardware store. Less problems. Get back to me, Jay if you need more later. Thanks!