gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

1976 Winnebago Itacasa - Ughh.. At slower speeds, motorhome

Customer Question

1976 Winnebago Itacasa - Ughh.. At slower speeds, motorhome seems to hesitate, or had at times, just stopped. Once we purchased it, we has a tuneup done, replaced battery, windshield wipers, new distributor system (cap & seal) and changed both fuel systems.
Drove great for a week, but its doing it again. Any way you could suggest anything?
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
sorry for delay.
I have some questions to help determine the cause the more info you can give me the better and quicker we can find out what is wrong.
What size engine and make?
When you say (new distributor system (cap & seal)) do you mean just cap and rotor? Or entire distributer?
where wires replaced with tune up?
Any exhaust leaks?
Any pinging under acceleration?
Does it bog down as you give it gas?
If you accelerate slowly does it still act up?
Does it idle high/low/rough,smooth?
Was timing set?
Does it run worse at idle with brake pedal pushed down or in gear?
Let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Spanky. Thank you for your reply. I can answer some of the questions now and will get back to you as soon as I know for the others.The entire distributor was changed as well as plugs and wires. It has a Chevy 350 in it. I will give it a test run tomorrow and address the remaining questions. Thanks again for your help.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for info,, let me know when You have as much of the info as you can get me as the answer can change by test drive results and I would like you to be happy with correct answer and not waste time checking something that does not need checked.
Also please provide your first name?
I'm usually online during daytime hours CST if a phone call so we could discus all at once would be of interest to you let me know so we can make that happen. A phone call helps get right to the problem with out all this back and forth but its up to you.
Thanks
spanky