Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 93 31 foot Coronado chevy chasy the generator is

Customer Question

i have a 93 31 foot Coronado chevy chasy the generator is working properly new bat but wont charge also in the solenoid box on the aux. start solenoid reads 14.5v but on other side it is 11.5 to12.0 volts
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Are you trying to charge the start battery or the house batteries? Was the 14.5 VDC on the alternator side of the solenoid? Do you have a converter or an inverter/charger?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not charging on the start batt. side. 14.5 volts is on the house batt. side
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Were you plugged into shore power or did you have the genset running when you took those readings?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't have genset runig only the engen was runing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
Send me your phone number and a good time to call........
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant afford to do that. so I will have to just ceep emailing you. thanks anyway
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Did you check this while plugged in OR with the genset running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you going to be able to give me an idea what my problem is.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
I asked you whether or not that reading was with the genset running or it you were plugged into shore power?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no shore power. not shere about gen set running but I think it wasn't. ill check again tomarowe morning
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
Check it both ways and let me know about the DC voltage where you measured it before. R.J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello Randall I checked volts with gen set on and also with it off with engine running. both were the same reading. on aux start relay gen side batt. connect was 14.5 on main batt. side it was 11.4.at the 30 amp brakers it was14.5also at the main starter relay was only 11.4 but small orang wire was14.5 I hope this helps. do you know ware I can find a wire diagram for my 93 Fleetwood Colorado p-30 chevy chassy 454.this would very helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
randall I went to view your answer. their was no answer. don't understand.
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

That happens sometimes...........they are always working to get the "bugs" out of the sytem. I do think a some wiring diagrams would be helpful. Let me see if I can find some for you. R.J.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.

Go to the the link below for a good source for manuals. I have had a number of customers find what they needed there. R.J.

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/Service-Manuals/Chevrolet/P30

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you mean you don't have any idea what it mite be ?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 years ago.
I think you need the wiring manual to guide you in this or perhaps call in a mobile tech to assist you. Hard for me to see what you have there from here. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something if they can. R.J.