RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Town A Monaco Knight RV. It has a Norcold refrigerator,

model #1200LRIM. Serial # *****...
Town A Monaco Knight RV. It has a Norcold refrigerator, model #1200LRIM. Serial # ***** In 2012 it stopped working. I called Norcold service Tech; he asked me various questions. Such as what code was flashing on refrigerator panel. They were LO, DC. He then asked me to check the back of the fridge to see if a red light was flashing, which it was. He mailed the part to Norcold dealer, which took minutes to install, and fixed the issue. The issue has now returned with the same results, however Norcold does not remember the issue anymore, and the part name was not listed on the repair history. I would like to know if you have any idea what this issue is, and the part that it would of been. Then, I would like to know a number for a location in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick, Canada.
8/3/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
They could be talking about the high temp sensor, it was a recall that was done on some of the Norcold 1200's. This small box would be located outside under the access panel, normally it is clipped to the coils on the fridge, on the box would be a led light and when the light goes off it prevents the fridge from working. So do you have that box and is the red led ON?
Robert
Is it a black box, about 2 inches high and 4 inches wide? With a red LED in one of the corners? If so, yes. And the red LED flashes every 2 seconds for around 500 ms.
sir, it is. The light on the top is blinking.
OK
And when you turn the fridge on you are getting a Lo DC?
Robert
sir.

OK

To me this sounds like it could be a wiring issue if it is flashing the LO DC, I would try and verify that if you can, you would need a volt meter to check. Click HERE and have a look this will explain what the code means and what to try. At least you will have a better idea of what is going on if you have to get it to a RV shop..... IF you have more questions please feel free to contact me. I am not sure in your area where to go but most RV shops will be Norcold certified.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic