gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 1987 34' fleetwood motorhome and need a schematic

Customer Question

I have a 1987 34' fleetwood motorhome and need a schematic of the fuel system, and in adition a schematic of the vapor recovery system.
Can you please help me out?
Thanks So Much,
Category: RV
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is Joe

Is Your motorhome a Ford or Chevy Chassis?

-Joe

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Fleetwood is a chevy chassis Joe. Sorry it took so long to get back with you.
The motorhome has been setting idle for a number of years and will not pick up fuel. I do not know if it has a fuel pump on the engine or if it is an electrical in the tank, or both. There is no schematics in any of the paperwork that Darlene has with the vehicle. In addition the emission system at the charcoal canisters at the front of the chassis have been torn out by the dogs that were in her yard.. Thank you for any assistance you can give us.
Richard & Darlene
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply,

If your chassis is a 1985 1/2 or newer, there will be an electric booster pump inside the fuel tank. The purpose of the booster pump is to provide enough pressure to eliminate vapor lock between the tank and the mechanical fuel pump.

The electric in-tank pump is powered through a relay, and the relay circuit utilizes an oil pressure switch as a safety shut-off.

Here are the best fuel system and evaporative diagrams I have available.

-Joe

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Joe Thank You For the schematics. Would you get me a schematics of the water system showing the layout of the lines.Please!
I will pay you for your service if that is needed. Thanks So Much_ Rick & Darlene
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Joe, I have not received any correspondence from the new mechanic concerning my request for a schematic of the water system for the 87 Fleetwood "BOUNDER" motorhome. How can I get in touch with a mechanic pease. Thanks