Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an 5th wheel rv with 2 grey tanks but only one will

Customer Question

I have an 5th wheel rv with 2 grey tanks but only one will drain and so my sink is full and I cannot drain it. Is there a hidden plunger that I am not seeing.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hi: My name is Randall. Are you sure you have BOTH of the gray tank valves open? Most of the time that is the problem. Look for another handle that ISN'T with the black tank valve. Sometimes, it is kind of hidden behind a tire or up higher near the frame and not easily seen. Let me know what you find. Hope that proves helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one valve for the black water and one for grey.... However I have 2 grey tanks, 1 black. One grey tank and the black tank reads empty while one grey tank registers as full and does not drain.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
EACH gray tank has a separate drain. ALL RVs with two gray tanks are made this way. Look around and you will find that other drain valve and then open it so the tank will drain. We see this question on a fairly frequent basis. It will be on the same side and about in the same general area as the sink on a lateral basis. Hope that proves helpful here.