RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic RM 2852 which is not cooling properly. The…

I have a Dometic RM...
I have a Dometic RM 2852 which is not cooling properly. The freezer is still frozen but not as cold as it once was (ice cream not rock hard). fridge is cool but not cold. Any ideas? This is both on 12V and 110V.
7/31/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 7 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, this can be either a control issue or a cooling unit issue, so to determine which I would like you to do a test......go to the back of the refrigerator, you will see a plastic box where all of the wires go take the cover off, now look to the upper left. you will see a 4 pin connector, and a 2 pin connector, unplug the 2 pin connector, what this does is allow the unit to run without thermostatic control, and will tell us how cold the cooling unit will cool ... let it run overnight, and check temperatures with a thermometer in the morning, is this something you can do? thanks
And when you are at the rear of the refrigerator look to see if there is any yellowish discharge by the burner assembly at the right, thanks
I will have to get a thermomiter, but I can do this test. I am familiar with the yellow powder. My last three failers were of this nature. Easy to figure out. When I respond with the results of the test, do I get billed again?
thanks for responding, we will continue to work here, no additional charge, when we are done I will ask you to rate me so I receive credit from your deposit. So with that do the test, and dont respond to this info request until your ready in the am. Michael
I removed the 2-pin connector and the fridge went to 36 F all iced up and the freezer went to 0 F.
thats good news!!!! replace the thermister, and your refer will operate properly
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you. I will track one down tomorrow.
thank you.............Michael