RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 jayco 23ft.I purchased new last week after using…

I have a 2005 jayco...
I have a 2005 jayco 23ft.I purchased new last week after using the outside gfi outlet I left and came back an hour later. When I went inside I observed that none of the 120v outlets ,refrig.,air cond.and elec hot water did not work. The 12v lights did work.
I checked the circut breakers an none were tripped. Any suggestions ?
Ron McGinnis
7/31/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert.....
Is this a 2005 or 2015 model?
Can you explain the outside GFI? Are you taking about the outlet that you plug the main cord into OR is this an actual outlet located on the RV outside that you plugged something into?
Robert
I am referring to the outlet on the outside of the RV.
OK
So what power source are you plugged into with the main cord? are you using an adapters or extension cords on the main cord..
Also is this 2005 or 2015?
Robert
I am using an extension cord a 10 ft. 12-3. it runs from the main circut breaker and it is the same set up that I have used for the last 8 yrs. It is the only thing on that circut.
OK...
Cords and adapters can fail, I would suggest plugging in direct with no cords or adapters to eliminate them as a possible issue, if not you could be chasing your tail.
The power will come in from the supply directly to the breaker panel if you have no generator. So the next step would be to go to the main breaker and see if you are getting AC voltage in and out of the breaker if you are then go around and make sure you do not have another GFI that is hiding. IF you have no voltage check the breaker panel where the wires are coming in from the cord make sure nothing is loose or melted. I might also flip the circuit breakers OFF then back on if you have not done so. After that I would get a polarity checker and plug it into the outlets to see if you have a wiring issue.
I understand you have used the same set up for 8 years but I would want to eliminate the cord as part of the problem to start....
Robert
I have checked all the above,however my RV is parked about 30 miles away. I am going to go there today and I will recheck everything again.I will not be back until Monday Aug.03. I do not have computer access there. I will advise you when I return.
Sounds good, no hurry on my end I am around daily and respond when I can.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic