Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Trying to close up and leave campground. 2004 Itasca horizon.

Customer Question

Trying to close up and leave campground. 2004 Itasca horizon. Electric domestic door awning won't retract?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert
What you can do is try and jump DC power direct to the motor wires, if the awning does not move then you have a bad motor. Sometimes they can seize up and tapping the motor might help. IF you jump power and the motor does not come in you should be able to push the awning in and then zip tie it up, I would use two on each end and one in the middle, that will prevent it from coming out... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert