RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I know of a Wilderness camper that the refrigerator and furnace…

I know of a Wilderness...
I know of a Wilderness camper that the refrigerator and furnace will not work on propane.
What might be wrong? There is propane to the range.
7/26/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
These items could be related or separate issues. They both have two things in common, they need good DC voltage and good LP pressure. Just because the stove lights does not mean the pressure is off. In the shop a manometer is used to check the system pressure. It would be hard for you to check without that tool. Go to the main LP tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up, if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure.
Next since the fridge will be easier to troubleshoot, verify the DC voltage on the supply wires going into the fridge, you should have over 11 volts. You should have an outside access panel to get to the fridge. I would also blow out the burner tube, this is located under the electrode or the device that sparks, sometimes debris, bugs can get into the burner tube and cause the fridge not to light.
IF you still need more help please get me the make and model of each appliance. I would suggest on having a shop test the LP pressure to start on this, it is a 15 min check.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic