Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2006 FourWinds Class C motorhome that I'm unable to

Customer Question

I have a 2006 FourWinds Class C motorhome that I'm unable to get 110 V power to the coach when my external power cord is plugged into my 30 A service at my house.The power is getting to the breaker panel and across all the breakers,but not to the appliances
and receptacle,nor the roof A/C. When I start my generator and hook my power cord to it,everything is powered up.Please HELP !!!!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
I responded to your first question you posted.....
This makes no sense... IF everything works using the generator then all the wiring from the breaker panel out to the appliances should be working. That tells me maybe you have a connection issue where the cord comes into the breaker panel or a bad cord. You could still get voltage but if there was a polarity issue or open wire the AC power may not work. So I would get a polarity checker and plug it into the outlets, it will tell you if there is a wiring problem. Most places like home depot have them for a few dollars....
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I had a bad power cord,how could I be getting power to the breaker panel?I have 124 V there and across all the breakers,yet there is no power getting to the coach appliances etc.Isn't the same coach wiring being used to operate the appliances,when either the powe cord or the generator supplies power to my breaker panel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
You still could be getting voltage to the breaker panel and would be able to see that on the volt meter, if there was a wiring issue polarity or open wire then the nothing is going to work.
The breaker panel uses the same incoming voltage for both shore and generator, so if everything is working on generator you know the wiring is good from the point where the generator cord comes in through the breaker panel to the appliances. I do not know what else this could be...
IF you want to try another expert please let me know....
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please pass me to someone else.Thanks!!
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
No problem....
I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily.... Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need answers now,so since you can't figure out my problem,please don't charge me.Thanks !!!!!
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Understand, I strongly suggest you check the polarity with a checker as it will tell you if there is a fault with the wiring.
I did put your question back up for other experts.
Robert