Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We just bought our motorhome on Thursday. We are at KOA plugged

Customer Question

We just bought our motorhome on Thursday. We are at KOA plugged in. All was fine. This morning no power to outlets or ac even when running generator
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
good morning, do you have a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
thanks for responding you will need to do some testing, and without the voltmeter there is no way to determine where the power loss is located, its a process of elimination, with that I will opt out and allow another expert to assist you, thanks for your patience..........Michael
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
I can try and help you with this.
To start shut off all the breakers inside, go unplug from shore-power if you have an inverter go to the inverter and make sure you do not have a tripped breaker. Plug back into shore-power, turn all the breakers on and see if you have power.
When you plug in or the generator is going you should have AC power available. The incoming AC power will go through a transfer switch, it detects the incoming source and switches back and forth between shore and generator power. It is possible the transfer switch has failed and would need to be replaced, without a volt meter it would be difficult to know if you are getting voltage through it.
Also go around and make sure you do not have any GFI'S that are tripped, normally they are in the galley and or bathroom but can be just about anywhere else including the outside, these would be outlets with a test and reset button on them...
Hope this helps a bit more... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert