RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Replaced 2 6v batteries with one 12 v dual purpose marine battery.

Customer Question
However cannot get power to...
Replaced 2 6v batteries with one 12 v dual purpose marine battery. However cannot get power to wall sockets, microwave, electric side of water heater, power vent fan even with generator running. Checked all fuses and breakers, all ok.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 3 days by:
7/28/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
Sorry for the delay...
To me it sounds like you are missing the AC power, if you start the generator do you get all the power back?
Thanks, Robert
No, I have power to the ceiling lights, refrigerator, stove and all dash light indicators and electronic ignitor for refrigerator and stove but not to the A/C, wall sockets, microwave,
electric side of water heater and power vent fan even with generator running. All breakers and fuses look good.
OK
I do not think the battery change was the issue as all the DC power appears to be working. The AC power would be all the items you mentioned minus the power vent. SO if you have the same symptoms on both shore and generator then it could be an issue with the transfer switch, this is where the AC power comes in and the TS will detect the source and switch back and forth, from there it will go to the main breaker panel and inverter. So I would be checking to see if you have AC voltage in and out of the TS. IF you have an inverter go to the inverter and make sure no breakers are tripped. Most inverters will have two breakers on them. Go around and make sure you also do not have a GFCI tripped, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be just about anywhere else including the outside.... IF all that looks good then I would have a shop look at this... Hope this helps some... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic