Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Winnebago basement air conditioner repair. How do I recharge

Customer Question

Winnebago basement air conditioner repair. How do I recharge the system.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** basement models are always difficult to work on, it should be a sealed system and never need to be recharged, if so then you might have a leak. Not only that you need a special lic. to handle the R-22.... IF you do not have ports then piercing valves can be installed but from my experience many RV shops will not install them as they have a high failure rate. My advice for you on this one is to have a certified HVAC tech. take a look at it to see if it is possible, many RV shops would stay away from the re-charge....WARNING -Federal Law provides that ONLY the following can purchase refrigerants.Certified Refrigerant Technicians approved by the E.P.A. under Section 608 of the Clean Air Act.Purchasers of refrigerant for resale to a Certified Refrigerant Technician.Purchasers of R-134a, R-410A, and refrigerant supplies do not need a license.Automotive Certified Refrigerant Technicians approved by the E.P.A. under Section 609 of the Clean Air Act (R-12 only).If you do not have one of these licenses, then you cannot purchase R22 for the AC unit. Robert