Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2010 Jayco Recon Bedroom Ac not working, 20 amp fuse in fuse

Customer Question

2010 Jayco Recon Bedroom Ac not working, 20 amp fuse in fuse board keeps blowing?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
IS it blowing the fuse on the circuit board inside the AC unit OR is this the fuse inside the main fuse panel (with other fuses)
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the panel not the ac
In my unit its under the breaker panel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
20 amp fuse the lights and AC not working
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
OK
This could be a number of issues, what I might do is get up on the roof and remove the shroud for the AC unit and try spinning the fan by hand, want to make sure it is not stuck or it might blow the fuse. I also would check the connections at the T-stat, and on the back side of the fuse panel. What I might do next is disconnect the wiring to the circuit board for the furnace and see if it blows, the circuit board will be located in a metal box which is accessed through the inside cover or top side under the shroud. Could be a loose connection or faulty circuit board. These types of issues can be difficult to pin down and I might let a shop take a look if everything I mentioned checks out good...
Robert
I just also got your response with the light not working as well. I might also pull down all your lights that are not working and check the connections, it sounds like a short if the fuse blows right away so need to check for any loose connections or wires that are touching each other.....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'll check that tonight thank you
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
No problem if you need more help please let me know. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating...
Robert