Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

Steve, . Due to current situation, I'm res

Customer Question

Hello Steve,
My name is James. Due to current situation, I'm residing in my 04 Sandpiper by Forest River in Central Texas (and it's getting hotter). My A/C was cooling nice and then wouldn't do anything.
I've done some troubleshooting, and have found the K-4 relay on the ETRA TECH 50-001401-A circuit board in the Part # ***** control box has a wire going to the compressor burned off of it. Also the furnace (which surprised me is controlled also by this box) will not power up either on the thermostat/control. I jumped the wire to the relay and the compressor kicked on. Ran long enough for me to realize it does still cool.
Can I get a new control box for this?
If not, how hard is the replacement/suitable sub box to install and get working correctly?
Any/All assistance with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks James
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Hi, unfortunatly that control box is obsolete, so what needs to be done is to replace control box and thermostat, here is a link to the part, the installation is quite different, as it uses only 3 wires to the thermostat, so you must re-purpose the original wires for the new unit, I can help you along the wayhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151644706002?lpid=82&chn=ps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have there been problems with this control box in the past? I will order the part soon I hope. Have to confer with my wife and get the approval. She's not happy about the money I've been spending on this trailer (she's not here with me).
No problems in particular, however these items do get 'fouled' anything man makes, well you know. Tell her that fortunately the cost is not ridiculous as are some