Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 35d pusher 2000 allegro with a freightliner chassis

Customer Question

i have a 35d pusher 2000 allegro with a freightliner chassis we clicked the 12 volt disconnect switch at the entry stairs and the coach lost all 12 volt power when we click the disconnect switch on the 12 volt system does not come back on , we only hear
a click of a relay in the dash behind instruments
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sounds like the solenoid for the system has failed. Normally when you hit that switch you would hear the solenoid click but not sure it would be in the dash, it might be outside under the front cap or near the battery. Follow the house battery cable to the solenoid, once you find the solenoid you will see two large posts, check for power on the large posts, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the large posts and see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid. When they fail they can prevent the DC power from coming inside the RV.... IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert