RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Tap a button on thermostat, lights up with E7 which is 110v,

Customer Question
turn on master A/C switch,unit...
Tap a button on thermostat, lights up with E7 which is 110v, turn on master A/C switch,unit comes on for 5-10 minutes and shuts off. Thermostat dial will not light up. So nothing else can be done. For several days now the same thing happens. The unit was used for about a week after it was installed. Then it sat and now I would like to use it next week. Seems like it should be something simple.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 3 days by:
7/13/2015
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a possible internal electrical fault with the thermostat itself.I have seen the thermostat act up before internally needing replaced.This will need to be tested further to be sure.
Thanks Pete