gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I replaced my old water heater with a new one, my old one was

Customer Question

i replaced my old water heater with a new one, my old one was split open but the heating part ( propane fueled with electric start) was working fine. i installed the new one, connected the water lines, connected the gas line and connected the blue wire to the blue wire, green wire to the green wire and the brown wire to the brown wire. my problem is, after turning on the hand valve at the propane tank, there is no gas flowing to the heater unit. there is a valve that is after the hand valve that has 2 flexible conduit lines, i am assuming they are electric wires, if so, i can't trace where the switch is. i am working on my 1993 fleetwood flair. can you help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 years ago.
Hi, that is a shut off that is connected to an lp leak detector inside the coach . it will be mounted along the floorline. Does the stove work? follow the floorline around the inside of the coach , and you will find it......