RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2006 Sightseer Replaced solednoid noticed a wire

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Sightseer Replaced...
I have a 2006 Sightseer
Replaced solednoid noticed a wire had come off of the battery disconnect relay
It is a 16 guage yellow wire diagram shows it connecting to left side of relay but I cant tell how it is zip tied to heavy gauge red wire that goes from solenoid to relay when i touched it to the wire it was ziptied to it blew something now no 12v anything will come on
Please help if you can
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
7/7/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
On the disconnect solenoid do you have power on one side of the solenoid? IF you jump the posts will power come on? Do you have a print from Winnebago?
Normally the smaller wire is the trigger wire going to the small posts. Below is a link for you copy and paste that into your browser, not sure if you have that or not.... Robert....
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2006/06_d-ser_wire_154491.pdf
There is power to the solenoid I will jump posts and see if there is power
OK
Wonder if the solenoid shorted out or is operating the opposite way, try and jump and see if power comes on and then try using the switch.... Robert
Ok it will be a while raining here
That's fine just respond when you are ready. I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert
power on both sides of solenoid nothing comes on though
with a test light grounded each post will light it
OK
If you have power on both sides of the solenoid then you should be seeing the DC power inside, you are going to have to follow that cable going to the fuse box and check inside the fuse box for any tripped breakers or fuses, look for a short stop style breaker as well and make sure it is not tripped. Power should go from there to the main fuse box, you might have a battery control box under the hood.... Robert
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic