RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2008 A/C unit kicked off during dayElectric power was present…

Customer Question
2008 A/C unit kicked off...
2008 A/C unit kicked off during day
Electric power was present with other a/c unit working on 50amp service
Thermostat said E7 error message
Tried to turn off unit and restart and message would not clear
How do I clear E7 message?
How do I trouble shoot system to prevent reoccurrence ?
Marshall
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 4 days by:
7/7/2015
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This can be a fault with the ac units ac compressor itself.I would have this tested further to see if the compressor or possibly the circuit control panel itself is at fault needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Compressor has worked
It kicks off in the summer and gives E7 messages on panel
I tried to rest the thermostat by simultaneous depressed zone and mode buttons
Message "int" came on and hit the power in button. It cleared the E7 message
It now will not turn on at all
Even though the compressor has worked in the past there is a good chance that it has failed now.I have seen the compressor fail before.This code indicates a loss of power to all 120 volts.This may be a circuit panel fault that controls this ac unit as this can cause this issue or a wiring fault leading to the circuit panel or compressor.It's hard to say for sure from here and should be tested further to pinpoint the cause.
Thanks Pete