RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The compressor in a brand new air conditioner will not shut…

Customer Question
The compressor in a brand...
The compressor in a brand new air conditioner will not shut off, have to trip the breaker for it to quit, whats is the problem with my unit
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
7/3/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

From my experince if the AC compressor will not shut down you have a failed relay on the board for the AC unit and the board would need to be replaced. I might find a RV shop with a test board to confirm..... Robert
Hi There
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Robert

Good morning. The jury is still out on a solution. My rv centre was not sure about my problem. I have ordered a new control box for my air conditioner. It is suppose to be here Monday. If you like I can keep you in the loop as to outcome.

Sounds good....

Robert