RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I get replacement awning fabric information

Customer Question
for 1997 Tahoe Travel Trailer...
How do I get replacement awning fabric information for 1997 Tahoe Travel Trailer with VIN # ***** we are unable to read tag
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
7/2/2015
RV Mechanic: Randy, Auto Specialist replied 3 years ago
Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
You will only need the size of the fabric to order the replacement. Size is measured as the distance from the center line of one awning arm to the center line of the other arm. This measurement is in whole foot increments. The actual fabric will measure approximately 10" less.
If the measurement of the distance between center line of arms is 16ft, then you will need a 16ft awning fabric. For a 16ft awning, the actual width of the fabric is between 15'1" and 15'3".
WHAT IF I DON'T KNOW THE AWNING BRAND?
To make sure our fabric fits your awning, you need to check your awning roller profile. If your awning roller has three grooves and the opening of each groove is 5/32" or less, you can use our fabric.
The full extent of our awning replacement fabric is approximately 94-96". Before purchasing replacement awning fabric, you need to make sure your awning arms have enough extension.