RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a wedgewood vision in my rv 3 burners the front burner…

Customer Question
I have a wedgewood vision...
I have a wedgewood vision in my rv 3 burners the front burner spark stop working what you thing is happening do you have a solution to help me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
7/1/2015
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Hi, open the lid on the stove, and see if the wire has fallen off of the striker, see if the striker is attatched to the burner, and take a look and get an idea of what is going on, if the other 2 are working its not the strike mechinism, would be the wire or the tip..take a look, and let me know what you see. thanks. It can also be dirty at the location of the spark to the burner
don'n know how to open the lid
you need to push back on the lid from the front to release it from a latch, and it will pull up, its hinged on the rear
I moved the wire of the striker and nothing you think maybe I neede a new wire?
If the other burners are striking at the correct spot and the front is not, I would replace the wire.....................
all the wires seem to be ok I did ceaned the tip of the stiker and nothing jet
thanks, ***** ***** striker is grounding at the burner to pass the strike, the burner must be grounded properly. look at the burner, there is one phillips screw that holds it down. remove the screw, and clean the bottom of the burner that sits on the stove, and the area of the stove where it sits..............