Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a norcold 121x RV refrigerator in a 2007 Winnebago Tour.

Customer Question

i have a norcold 121x RV refrigerator in a 2007 Winnebago Tour. It has been in storage for about 60 days and now the Refrigerator will not cool but the freezer is working fine on
AC power.
I pulled the thermister and put a fan in the outside compartment circulating air through the back. No results yet.
Does this sound like the thermister? Other ideas or suggestions please.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...

Normally when you pull the thermistor the fridge should default to full cooling after a few hours. IF it does not get cool in the box, you have tried it on both LP and AC power it could be the cooling unit. The freezer will always get cold before the box will so it is possible to have a a cooling unit issue even though the freezer is cold. A cooling unit can become blocked or rupture. If a rupture you might smell ammonia, hear a gurgle when you turn it on or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge. For a blockage you might not see any symptoms but no cooling on both sources.
IF you have a volt meter I can tell you how to check the thermistor..... Robert