RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I hav an2013Tiffin Zephyr. The Aqua Hot system was working…

Customer Question
I hav an2013Tiffin Zephyr. The...
I hav an2013Tiffin Zephyr. The Aqua Hot system was working fine I added bout pint of anti freeze to the overflow bottle since then the water will come out hot for bout a minute then cool down to room temp. The systems lites all seem normal on the box under neath the coach. Would this small amount of anti freeze caused this? What else could be wrong
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/27/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
I doubt adding the antifreeze caused it to stop heating..... It could be an issue with the thermostat or a check valve issue, IF you can give me the model of the Aqua Hot I should be able to send you a service manual or the other option is to have a shop take a look and diagnose this, it can get a bit complex mostly because access is poor to get to the components most of the time..... Robert
It's a 450-DE/DM model. I'm sure the valve is hard to ck but is the thermostat accessible. The water does start off hot so I assume the system is working it just want continue being hot. I did cut on the diesel burner switch last night. I've never had to do that though I've always just used the electric aqua hot switch. I hav an owners manual
OK
Below is a link for you that is a service manual, they do a decent job on there manuals, just follow the troubleshooting....
Robert
Link.... Copy and paste into browser...
http://aquahot.com/aquahot.com/media/media/library/450-DE2%20Service%20Manual%20Rev%20C.pdf