RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My norcold 1200lrim fridge works on l/p go to a/c it comes…

Customer Question
my norcold 1200lrim fridge works...
my norcold 1200lrim fridge works on l/p go to a/c it comes uo no a/c but the plug reads 120 volts
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
6/15/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...
This could be a few things. To start need to check the fuse on the circuit board for the fridge, the circuit board will be located under the outside access panel. You will see wires going to the board. Unplug the fridge from the outlet and remove the cover on the board and check the fuses, one fuse is for the AC side and you do not want to touch that when the fridge is plugged in. IF the fuse is OK and not loose in the holder then you could have a bad heating element, the heating element will be located on the flue canister, if you have a volt meter you can ohm it out, follow the wires from the flue canister to the circuit board and unplug them with a meter set to ohms probe the wires going back to the element and you should have 58-68 ohms, if the fuse is good, the element checks out good then I suspect the circuit board is bad... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert