RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a Rockwood Ultra Lite RV with a Dometic DMC/DMR

Hello, We have a Rockwood Ultra...
We have a Rockwood Ultra Lite RV with a Dometic DMC/DMR 7-Series Refrigerator installed. We left on a trip yesterday which took approx. 11 hours to make. The night before we left, the refrigerator was ran on AC power to cool before the trip. It worked fine and was cold the next morning. Once we arrived at destination, hooked up the unit to AC power and the refrigerator panel lights were flashing (temp lights). Switched to LP from auto and the LP light started flashing. Refrigerator will not cool. Any ideas? I suspect the control board since neither power source works, but I am not a refrigeration tech.
6/14/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

If all the temp. lights are flashing then there is a loss of communication between the circuit board and upper controls... What I would do is go to the back of the fridge and unplug it from the outlet and disconnect the 12 volt supply wires. While it is dis-connected check all the plug ins very carefully, make sure nothing is loose at the circuit board. Hook up the DC supply and plug back in and see if it cleared. IF not then it could be the circuit board and I would have it looked at under warranty, it should have a two year warranty. If you start taking to many items apart you could void that warranty, have seen that happen before. Sometimes the code will reset if you take away the DC power, that is all the fridge needs to turn on.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Thanks Robert! I will do what you suggest. Also, I won't do much more because the whole camper is new and under warranty. Thanks for your time man!

Dave Ware

No problem, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit, also feel free to follow up if needed... Robert