RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My dometic ccc2 stopped working properly. It now shoes zone…

Customer Question
My dometic ccc2 stopped working...
My dometic ccc2 stopped working properly. It now shoes zone 4 which I don't have and a blinking zone 1 but no operation. I did the Init reset and no go.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/13/2015
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....
Did you unplug from power and disconnect the battery? IF not unplug and disconnect the battery for 20 mins and do the reset again, sometimes when you take away all the AC and DC power it will reset.... Robert
Ok...I'll go do that ....remove all power from rv. I called dometic yesterday....no help....they mentioned the thermostat or module could be a problem. I looked up into the front AC above 5th wheel bed. Is what I saw a module and is there just one or one per AC unit which I have 3.
They are correct it could be the thermostat or module if it is a 2014 and it will not reset then I would have it looked at under warranty. From my experience if the zones are not showing up sometimes if you take away that DC and AC power it will reset everything. Robert
power is off now......zone 4 is indicated when power was returned after Init. Zone 1 blinks at the same time as well. I will allow me to select modes to zone one but nothing happens. I can not change zones as 2 and 3 don't come up and the number 4 zone stays on steady ....there are one 3 ACs
I saw a utube that showed a module up in an AC and they checked a fuse up there. So my question would be does that module control the other two as only 2 ACs will run at the same time
OK
Make sure you disconnect the battery as well for 20 mins. My feelings are it could be a bad thermostat but not a fan of throwing parts at it. If it is a 2014 it should be covered under warranty so if taking away all the power does not work I would have it looked at... Robert
You can check the fuses, on the control module, I am not sure if one fuse blows if it will still allow the T-stat to work.... Normally if the fuse blows the T-stat would be dead.
ok....I'm out of warranty as of last month....
Does the battery have to be disconnected? All AC breakers are off and DC fuse is pulled as the thermostat controller ccc2 is off/blank/dead
waste valves were leaking....I have them down....Dutchmen had bath and toilet valves labeled backwards. Can I shorten those cables as they are hard to operate ....especially when bent/curved. I see I can take them apart somewhat and maybe shorten with cable cutter/alan wrench set/fasten screw. What do you think
OK
Normally we answer per question but I will try and help with that, please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating...
I always disconnect the battery. SO on that try it like it is and if not disconnect the battery, check the fuses on the boards. IF still no go I might try a new T-stat.
You should be able to make the cables shorter, OR re position them so they are not so hard to operate. I have seen some where if they are not mounted properly they are hard to operate but shorting the cable will also work, you are correct everything is held in with the allen screw at the valve... Robert
AC air is not working. Water waste cables are done. Took awhile and a few drips to the head..
OK
IF you can get me the make and model of the AC unit I might be able to find some more troubleshooting for you on the AC unit....
Good job on the cable.. Robert
It is the Domestic ccc2
That is the thermostat, I need the make and model of the AC unit, if you pull down the inside cover there may be a sticker with that info....
Robert
I believe they r all dometic. Looking at power module now. No internal fuses. No manuals on line. Only number 2 dip switch was on and I have 3 acs
Ccc2 still shows a solid number 4 zone and blinking zone 1 and not able to operate. No more error codes come up.
OK
I would try to reprogram the remote and see what happens, below is a link for you which will go over that info. Copy and paste that link into your browser....
IF that does not work then I might replace the T-stat...
Robert..
Link...
http://primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Thermostat-DualZoneComfortControl-Dometic-OperatingInstructions.pdf
Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic